Tracking Patient Recovery With IoT
Change in health conditions on account of operations, accidents, or regular ageing is inevitable during medical treatment. So is when a patient has left the hospital or premises of the medical care provider.
Prior as well as post-operative care of a surgical patient requires an accurate understanding of the pathophysiological changes that occur during the entire process. Through establishing contact between the medical facilities and the patient, a clear summary of the patient process and recovery will be clear to all. This mitigates any surprises and contradictory information while enabling speeding up decisions.
The successful implementation of IoT based remote patient monitoring systems enables encompassing the advantages of technology and networking for acquiring accurate data, interoperability between hardware and software, high-quality bandwidth, quality health services, enhancing battery life, sensor biocompatibility and so on.
Consumer wearable devices for recovery and activity tracking have shown positive results in post-surgery recuperation in cardiac patients, pulmonary rehabilitation, and activity counselling in diabetic patients, among others. The technology revolution in the miniaturization of electronic devices has enabled the designing of more reliable and adaptable wearables, contributing to a global change in the health monitoring approach.
These apps and/ or devices aim to enlighten patients about their procedures and remind them to take their medications or to eat or avoid certain foods. It enables doctors to know whether the patients are following its instructions. They can be used on phones as well as any computing device.
Tracking patients post-discharge is necessitated by the following aspects:
- monitoring the patient recovery process
- communicating with the correct health providers
- access to all the relevant information by the caregiver or family
Why has patient recovery tracking gained such momentum?
- Tracking through smartphones offer the possibility of assessing the recovery of patients passively and reliably, as well as facilitating the collection of patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs) with greater regularity.
- When the concept of IoMT (internet of medical things) when integrated into healthcare devices through computer networks and the web, the information received in real-time allows better interaction with patients.
- Nano-sensors using IoNT (internet of nanotechnology) when used in the field of healthcare for remote monitoring of any individual who has wearable sensors capable of detecting and monitoring vital parameters, will fulfil all the requirements needed for the establishment, control and supervision mandated.
- Based on the assistance of the remote health monitoring platforms, health parameters can be self-assessed by sitting at home and the information can be shared with a qualified doctor who is at a remote location.
Scope of patient recovery tracking technology:
- Measurement and data validity through physical activity estimations
- User experience and engagement to maximize the benefit of consumer-accessible technology
- Behaviour change in patients develop with better insight into their activity data through
i) habit formation
ii) social motivation
iii) goal reinforcement feedback to monitor personal progress
- Greater transparency by device companies and researchers critical to patient engagement with these technologies
- With proper care delivery and integration patients and their providers more likely to consider wearable data tracking impactful
The all-digital centre healthcare system uses the latest advancement in technologies such as robotics, computer-aided surgery, diagnostics, digital imaging more as patients’ health and happiness are always given top priority.
Zoondia, being the Top Custom Healthcare Software Development Company understands that IoT in healthcare can monitor, record and track the changes in parameters from the patient’s actual records while helping administrators make sense of all sorts of data.
Whatever your business needs, we can provide you with a full range of solutions. For questions or more information, contact our team.
You could also drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us Facebook| Linkedin| Twitter | Instagram|Clutch|Goodfirms